One weekend, two short, intense and different challenges. No frills. We wish to give you an experience that will challenge you and enhance your development as an endurance athlete.
On Friday, we start with the off-road Swim-Run-Swim-Run- Swim challenge. This is a point-to-point challenge which starts and ends at the Oceanic Hotel. It consists of: 500m swim/4.5 km run/1 km swim/ 2 km run/500m swim back to the hotel. (Minimum age requirement 12 years and above)
You will be done early enough to enjoy the rest of the day at leisure in the local surroundings!
On Saturday, we have another early start with a Bike/run challenge. 42 km hilly bike ride (on the secret road) followed by a 4 km trail run. (Minimum age requirement 17 years and above)
The Challenge will conclude with breakfast and prize giving.
Rules and Regulations:
1. All participants need to complete the entire course for both days of the challenge to be legible for the finishers medal and stand a chance of making the podium.
2. No helmet, no ride. Helmets must be in good condition with no visible scratches or cracks and should remain fastened for the entire time that a competitor is handling a bike (right up until the point of racking the bike in T1).
3. Road bikes or tri bikes would be recommended for the second day.
4. Day 2 is a non-draft race. Anyone caught drafting will receive a 5 min penalty.
5. At no point along the course is a competitor allowed to receive outside help if it involves forward progression along the course.
6. No earphones or any similar devices are allowed on any part of the course. Anyone caught using such devices will be disqualified.
7. Abusive language or behaviour towards an event official or partner will not be tolerated and will result in an instant disqualification.
8. Event officials should always be obeyed and anyone not adhering to the instructions of an official will be disqualified.
Things sometime happen that are beyond our control, especially today with the current Covid-19 situation. So we have partnered with worldwide event insurance specialists Protecht to give you extra peace of mind.
Once you have selected you ticket(s) and clicked the BUY button you will be taken to the checkout where you will be able to purchase insurance, all you need to do is click the select button and you are now covered.
Growings Coaching have partnered with the Oceanic Hotel and Spa Khorfakkan.
To benefit from this, when booking please supply them with proof of your race confirmation.
Rates (vat incl): AED 575 per room per night sharing or AED 475 per room per night single occupancy. This is on a full board basis.
6.30am, with a pre-race snack for hotel residents and body marking, the Challenge venue opens at 7.30am
Yes - please download the official Race brief in the 'About the Oceanic Xtra Large Challenge' section above
- February 26, 2021 06:30Pre-Race snack and Body Marking
For hotel guests it's time for a quick pre-race snack and then onto body marking!
- February 26, 2021 07:30Challenge Venue Opens
Challenge venue opens and T1 and T3 kit drop -Boxes or bags will be provided.
** Please note, you will need two pairs of running shoes for this event and you will need to carry your goggles with you **
- February 26, 2021 07:55Challenge Briefing
Time to be briefed!
- February 26, 2021 08:00Challenge Starts
And we are off...!
- February 26, 2021 09:00First finisher in
The first finishers return to the Oceanic Hotel
- February 26, 2021 09:30Last finisher in
The last finishers return to the Oceanic Hotel
- February 26, 2021 09:45Breakfast & Rest
And that's the end of Day 1, time for breakfast and you have earned the rest of the day off to spend at your leisure!
- February 27, 2021 05:30Time for Day 2
Time to kick off Day 2 with a pre-challenge snack
- February 27, 2021 06:30Leave Hotel for Secret Road
Time to leave the hotel for the secret road - please note that there are no toilets, so make sure you go before we leave!
- February 27, 2021 07:20Race Briefing
Race briefing starts
- February 27, 2021 07:30Challenge Starts
- February 27, 2021 10:00First finisher arrives
The first finishers start to arrive back
- February 27, 2021 11:00Cut off time
- February 27, 2021 12:00Lunch & Prize Giving
- February 27, 2021 13:00Challenge wrap up
And that's the end of the Oceanic Xtra Large Challenge 2021 - thanks for taking part!
Imagine soaking up the sun at the luxury Oceanic Khorfakkan Resort & Spa – a 4 star resort – enjoying the private secluded beach, warm sand, gleaming waters and lush greenery in a setting of the spectacular rolling hills of the Hajjar Mountains.
This Arabian resort offers an idyllic escape set on acres of UAE’s picturesque East Coast, tucked away in the coastal town of Khorfakkan. A mere 90 minutes’ drive from Dubai and Sharjah international airports; only 20 minutes from the cities of Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah; and a few minutes away from vibrant downtown attractions.
With 177 spacious guestrooms and lavish suites, 3 sea facing villas with 6 spacious bedrooms, exceptional dining establishments, outstanding recreational and leisure facilities, one of a kind dive sites and so much more, this luxury resort exemplifies a true escape.