Come and join us for a hill training cycling camp starting on 10th September and ending on 11th September mid-afternoon. It is recommended that you stay the night before at the hotel to be able to arrive early to training on the first day.
There is an option to stay one night only if you cannot stay the whole weekend. The bike courses are undulating and safe, and you will ride with a support car along the rolling hills of the Hajjar mountains. Courses up to 100 km with some high elevation gains.
The goal of the training camp is to heavily overload your body with training stimulus, and accumulate as much training stress as possible. There is one strength session included to demonstrate techniques and ideas only. Going to the gym once will not give you any measurable strength gains. For the purpose of this training and knowledge gain, we will incorporate a lot of volume and intensity to get those training stress scores up during these two days.
• Support cars with drivers along the bike course
• Water stations with ice cooler
• Towel stations
• Bike racks
• Secured bicycle storage
• Healthy pre-race snacks
• Private group dining space
• Full board (3 meals a day)
• Photography (optional extra charge)
• All tuition
• Bike rental, cycling equipment, mechanical service, spare parts not included
The training camp organisers fee is non refundable, so make sure when sigining up that you can attend.
We have partnered with worldwide event insurance specialists Protecht to give you extra peace of mind, especially as things sometime happen that are beyond our control, especially today with the current Covid-19 situation.
Once you have selected your ticket and clicked the BUY button you will be taken to the checkout where you will be able to purchase insurance, all you need to do is click the select button and you are now covered.
The Camp is based at the Oceanic Hotel Khorfakkan Resort & Spa and registration includes one or two nights stay in a single or double room
Please see Schedule listed below
- September 9, 2022 16:00Check in to the Oceanic Hotel
Check into the Oceanic Hotel and register to collect your swag bag!
- September 10, 2022 05:30Day 1 - Early Breakfast
Time for an early small breakfast
- September 10, 2022 06:15Day 1 - Supported and Coached Bike Ride 180 mins
The day starts with a 180 minute supported and coached bike ride up the hill and surrounds in Khorfakkan
- September 10, 2022 10:00Day 1 - Breakfast & Downtime
Time for breakfast to refill after the ride, then you are free to relax and have your own downtime and lunch with optional meditation and yoga
- September 10, 2022 16:00Day 1 - Mobility and Stability exercises for Cycling 60 mins
- September 10, 2022 17:30Day 1 - Yoga and Meditation 30 mins
- September 10, 2022 19:00Day 1 - Dinner and Relax
Time for dinner and relaxation to close Day 1
- September 11, 2022 05:30Day 2 - Early Breakfast
Time for an early small breakfast
- September 11, 2022 06:15Day 2 - Race Specific Training 180 mins
Race specific training: - Counter Attacking - 'Cut Throat' Racing - Moving Up and Holding Position - Race Finishes - Moving Through the Bunch - Race Pace Cornering - Standing Starts - Attacking - Hill Climb (race)
- September 11, 2022 09:45Day 2 - Breakfast & Downtime
Breakfast followed by some downtime to rest, sleep, relax or hang out by the pool!
- September 11, 2022 12:30Day 2 - Presentation & Mindset Talk 90 mins
- September 11, 2022 13:45Day 2 - Lunch
- September 11, 2022 14:45Day 2 - Pool / Leisure and Fun Quiz
Time to head to the pool for some leisure time and a fun quiz with prizes!
- September 11, 2022 16:00Day 2 - Cycling Camp ends
And that's the end of a fun filled weekend!
Imagine soaking up the sun at the luxury Oceanic Khorfakkan Resort & Spa – a 4 star resort – enjoying the private secluded beach, warm sand, gleaming waters and lush greenery in a setting of the spectacular rolling hills of the Hajjar Mountains.
This Arabian resort offers an idyllic escape set on acres of UAE’s picturesque East Coast, tucked away in the coastal town of Khorfakkan. A mere 90 minutes’ drive from Dubai and Sharjah international airports; only 20 minutes from the cities of Fujairah and Ras Al Khaimah; and a few minutes away from vibrant downtown attractions.
With 177 spacious guest rooms and lavish suites, 3 sea facing villas with 6 spacious bedrooms, exceptional dining establishments, outstanding recreational and leisure facilities, one of a kind dive sites and so much more, this luxury resort exemplifies a true escape.